Monday, September 29, 2008

A conversation...

The other day some of my friends and I were talking/discussing about the problems in North Korea. Yeah- the whole conversation was heated to be honest. We were talking about the country's horrible human rights and the way the men, the women and the children from North Korea are suffering from economic and political freedom. With respect to this writing assignment- there wasn't really anything new I learnt about the subject, but rather I was exposed to different views about the subject. There is vital information one acquires from reading, but the different perspectives one gets from a conversation and the arguments or discussions is so valuable I think.

Talking about North Korea, one of my friends pointed out that we live in an era known as generation Y where it is defined by technological advances, online media and social networking mediums. As true as that is, one mentioned that with all the advances mankind has made, our generations lacks the activism that past generations excelled in. I thought this was very interesting.

No comments: