Monday, October 6, 2008

Project Pre-Production

Personal: I am a young aspiring entrepreneur and always been interested in the corporate business world. I have come across 2 successful business concepts here in Champaign. One is the new popular 'Howbowda bagle' store on green street and the other is 'cakes on walnut' in downtown champaign. These 2 businesses were recently opened and have seen much success. Both of the owners are young entrepreneurs out of college who started the business. I find that very interesting and am eager to learn more about their success and the process they went through.

Research: I have chosen this project cause I can relate to this immensely. There is so much I can learn and get out of them, if I can manage to get a hold of them. I want to learn about their business procedures, the whole process, their balance between their work and personal life. I will produce questions regarding to these aspects and hopefully create a successful project.

Anxieties: I am not sure how I will get footage that will tell us their stories in a non- oral history kind of way. Time conflicts are definitely a worry to me. I wonder how their time and my time will coincide. I am not sure if they will be willing to discuss their whole business process and strategies.

Characters: I want to include both the owners of the businesses I am focusing on (obviously). Their employees, random people and ask what they think of the stores.

Structure: I will try to provide lots of visual footage of the characters, music that will entice the audience more. Focus on topics that will flow with an order. Let my characters speak, tell their stories. I will ask questions pertaining to what they are talking about.

No comments: