Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Presentation and distribution.

Reflection+ Critical Thinking: With my end product, I was pretty happy with what I had accomplished. I believe that some of my biggest strengths were that I got some creative shots that I incorporated in my project. I am happy with the approach that I took in interviewing my interviewees (a casual, more friendly outtake). My biggest weakness would be the quality of the sound, although I did try editing it with a program called audacity- i still wasn't happy with it. I also wish I got better shots at the store with better lighting and quality. I think the biggest lesson is to start on the project as soon as possible, since projects like this-we are depending on people and its not easy to coordinate the time between the both.
The biggest pleasure of being a video author is the amount of fun you have. I find it very interesting and honestly I don't even find a project like this a homework assignment. Playing around with the equipment and different softwares while editing is also a pleasure to do since you get to learn things on your own.

Audience Response: I definitely feel that I conveyed my ideas to the audience. With my piece I wanted the audience to relate to the characters, especially the owner that I focused on. I was very happy with the audience reactions, their comments and even their constructive criticism. One mentioned that it was inspirational, seeing how a person right out of college started a business like this. That is exactly what I wanted to portray, although I do wish I got better clips of questions relating more about her business planning. Some mentioned that my camera angles weren't that great, so I definitely will keep that in mind for my next project. Altogether I was really happy with the responses I got from the crowd.

Distribution: I am not sure if I want to reach a wider audience with my piece. I don't really care, i guess.

No comments: