Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Post Production

Logging Shots: SO I have quite an amount of footage for this porject. I interviewed couple of people who are of importance to my video. I am not sure if I will be using all of the footage that I have, but its good cause I can work with more. I always have an idea in my head of what I want to accomplish/communicate. SO thus I have captured video that contains the materials that I need. Hopefully I will be conveying an overall view of what AIESEC and why the people in AIESEC believe in it.

Reshoots: As this is obvious, this project can be mostly dependent on other people or not if one decides to focus more on oneself in the project. Initially I intended to focus alot of my project on me, but as I worked though this from time, I realized that I can produce a better piece by focusing on other people. SInce I made that choice, I depended on people to give good answers, or talk about something sensible that would make my video interesting/work. AS I have gotten a lot of footage, I am happy with what I have, but would have been happier if I got some more shots with better responses.

Reflection: So editing is the fun part, but choosing what material to use can be tedious. I plan on going through all the video clips that I have, just to make sure that my idea in my head is concrete. I want to give a general introduction about AIESEC and then bring in the different members and convey their wonderful experiences through some images as well. So with this guideline, I will choose the necessary clips.

Improvisation: My ideas are definitely flowing. I did create a brief paper edit, with the sequences of the shots according to my guideline story. I can see the different images I can throw in my piece, I can definitely add a few more clips in between.

Rehearsal: So the biggest achievement from my last project to this one, is the way I captured my footage. I got them in a way where the audio was pretty clear, which makes the video much better to follow. I have added a few images in between my project and of course clips. I really like the transitions and how I edited all the clips and images. I think they fit well together. I am using premier pro instead of I-movie this time. I was hoping for a huge improvement in the quality of my project, but there is definitely an improvement, just not as much as I wanted to. Premier does take a while to get used to, but all together I am happy so far.

No comments: